Movember 2013 was really great! Maybe not so much on the donation side this year, but on the human side. Many discussions, more laughter and some strange looks and funny smiles.
What did I hear this year:
- “Who are you? … OMG, Chris?!”
- “I would never allow my hubby to grow a moustache.”
- “Do you know, you look shitty. When will you shave again?“
- “Man, that’s a great thing. Though I could never participate.” Me: Why? “Because I had to remove all mirrors in my house. I just could not stand seeing me in the mirror with a moustache.”
- “Oh, is it this time of the year again?” Yes!
Summary: if you want to change something, do something. Be brave. Jelly people often secretly admire you, but they simply lack the courage (until now) to DO something. Still be friendly, wear a smile and a moustache – at least at Movember!