Not everyday feels like another day in paradise. Some start weird, tired, sad or a mixture of all. Recently a workmate died very unexpectedly and way too early. Most of us were shocked, sad or just did not want to believe it.
Right now, it”™s just like he is still on holidays.
Yesterday was his funeral. It was sunny, hot and a bit windy. If you wear a black suit with a tie while standing in the direct sunlight, it”™s like waiting for the overheating alert on your mobile phone. My brain was about to complain not being within acceptable operating temperatures, but thankfully the ZEN switch kicked in and suddenly I was very happy to be alive!
Life is so lovely outside your comfort zone!
Why do we (I) need funerals or serious illnesses to really understand that each day is another day in paradise? When you wake up tired or feel totally like a sleepy one, there are at least two options:
- hating the day, work, life and every mosquito on the planet
- modeling a micro grin and being thankful for another day in paradise
Do you remember how many training lessons your brain needed to keep you in balance on a bicycle? Our brain needs our help for a better morning routine! Some ideas of a better foundation for your day:
- realize you are awake, breathe in and out, smile
- stand up (slowly) and drink a glass of (warm) water
- do a short meditation for 1-2 minutes
- eat something light like an oatmeal with an apple
- surprise somebody with a special smile 🙂
At the end of the day, or your life, all those little things changed us. A smile, a motivating ”žwe will make it!“ or a friendly ”žgood morning“. Thank you!